Is organizing really your thing? We are looking for a Groups & Events Employee to join our enthusiastic cluster team in Amsterdam!
WHAT DOES YOUR DAY AS A EVENTS EXECUTIVE LOOK LIKE?
As a Events Executive you will work together with the team on the organization and planning of groups and events for our hotels in Amsterdam. You can think of meetings, conferences, dinners but also other events such as weddings, and (theme) parties.SOME OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handling new enquiries and negotiating group room rates, meeting room rental, food and beverage prices and hotel services in line with the hotel’s sales strategies and financial goals.
- Actively converting event enquiries into confirmed business and to develop future and repeat business from all accounts.
- Responsible for planning and preparing all event documentation and coordinating with sales, hotel departments and customer to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of hotel events.
- Maximize meetings revenues by applying all selling and rate strategies, negotiation practices, concession rules and revenue management best practices.
- Support sales initiatives with site inspections, client entertainment, familiarizations, and other events that form part of the sales and marketing plan.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE?
- You have at least 1 year of experience in event management.
- You have completed a bachelor’s degree in hospitality or an equivalent of this.
- You have previously worked with Opera Sales & Catering.
- You have good knowledge of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
- You have a creative and positive mindset and don’t take “no” for an answer.
- You have professional and hospitable attitude and are a real team player.
- You are a social butterfly and love connecting with people.
This position is part of our groups & events team in cluster Amsterdam. Together we are responsible for the Groups & Events department in Amsterdam including; Leonardo Royal Hotel Amsterdam, Leonardo Hotel Amsterdam Rembrantpark, Leonardo Hotel Vinkeveen Amsterdam and Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU (ADDITIONAL TO A GREAT TEAM)?
- We offer you a supplement of 15% in the weekends and 70% travel allowance if you live further than 10 kilometers from your work.
- Working overtime? This can be paid out, but you can also choose to save it for some extra time off.
- Eager to learn? We offer training courses from the Leonardo Development Lab!
- Ambitious? You can work on your personal development and grow with us!
- We think your health is important! That is why you can visit Open Up 24/7, the online platform for mental health.
- Do you want to buy products such as an (electric) bicycle or telephone with a reduced price? This is possible with an average of 40% tax reduction via FiscFree!
- Night away? As an employee, you can exclusively use our global discount program!
- And enjoy an overnight stay including dinner and breakfast at the hotel where you are working during your 'Know Where You Work' experience.
Want to know more about why working with us is so great? Then click here!
We are a young company with a large dose of ambition, positivity and creativity! Interested? Then we would like to receive your motivation letter and resume. You can send it to us via the application form. If you have questions about the procedure, please contact the HR department. If you have questions about the position itself, please contact Anita de Jager - Brown, (Head of Group & MICE Reservations), via 0611329844.
Leonardo Hotels Support Office
1057 PH Amsterdam
1057 PH Amsterdam